Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sandy Consuegra Passed Away in November


I just learned from Dick Beverage's Pacific Coast League Potpourri that Sandy Consuegra, who pitched one season in the Coast League, passed away in Miami, Florida on November 18 of this year.

I don't remember having seen him pitch in the Coast League, but do remember him pitching for the White Sox when my father took me to a game at Comiskey Park in 1955. I don't remember much, but do remember he came in late in the game.

I put together his career record, but could not find anything for two seasons, 1959 and 1960. I couldn't find him pitching in Cuba in the winter league those season, either, so he migh have been retired, and then came back for one last fling. If anybody can shed light on this, please get in touch with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home